Saturday, December 9, 2017

Moab Nights






The stars stranded together
One by one they light a candle
To brighten cold nights.
Many I have missed.
As your ghost haunts my heart.
Forever...

I wish we were alone.
I need to be by you.
My heart longs for your kiss.
I crave the arms I loved years ago.
But times have changed.
The nights creeped in.
The days grew long.
As a sea grew between us,
I told myself when we met...
I would never let you go.
A voice from behind said;
 "Forever in your heart he is yours."
From then on a journey began.
We grew in each other's company,
Then the fork in the road grew between us.
My last night with you would come to an end.
I hugged you for the last time.
The hardest goodbye.
I watch your hand leave mine.
For what it seemed like forever.
Until...

No comments:

Post a Comment