Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas love


Walking down the avenue 
Leaving cold foot prints behind.
My face rosey and irritated,
From the bitting wind.
I pull my black trench coat
Closer to my chest.
I feel the snowflakes coming upon my breast.
This avenue guides the wonderer 
With it's blazing lamps
As far as the eye can see.
Up and down lights hung on the edges
Of houses red, white, and green.
Christmas is once upon us again
To warm ones heart on a cold winters night
When all else seems to dissapate into disappointment . 
I see my window covered with winters breath with my glove I wipe to reveal a wreath all green with bulbs like tulips 
Glisning in the light. 
A sign of welcome of light and warmth.
I enter upon my home to reveal a surprise  beyond my wishes.
To be continued...   

No comments:

Post a Comment