Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Book

"Cause I couple dents in my fender, Got a couple rips in my jeans
Trying to fit the pieces together but perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy."
-Free to Be Me
By Francesca Battistelli


Open the book
Blow the dust and watch it
Scatter like dandelion seeds
feel the pages in your fingers
Take a look
At the battered pages
All torn and aged
With smudges and folds
Look closer
at the markings of the story
begins as once upon a time.
Its about a girl who
had everything
with a mom, dad, and brother.
Getting all the things she desired.
But she had a hole in her heart.
Something was missing
Was it friends?
She's has them
Was it money?
Has it.
Is it clothing?
No she didn't have
one thing we all need.
Love. 
Reading through seeing that she has a boyfriend
or many. 
She has given all to them in every way.
But still a hole is left sinking deeper.
She needs Love.
From her friends and family
Not quite.
She needs Love.
One  that shows her life,
the truth
the way.
One that brightens her heart
With love.
She needs Love.





No comments:

Post a Comment