Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Break Free

Hey Boondocks! I hope all of you have been enjoying "Among the Rooftops" series. Just for today were going to take a break from it. The next one will be up this Friday! For today I just want to write a poem that has been apart of my heart lately. I hope you enjoy it and stay strong!



Has everything turned gray?
Or is it just me gone astray.
I wish you could stay
Here with me in my arms.
The earth seems so cold 
I grow old.
Of the memories,
The remnants  of your presence
 Scattered across the floor.
Shattered like glass,
Cleaning up this mess
Of you and me
Only leaves cuts
From the shards on the floor.
I keep my door open
Hoping you would come back to me.
My mind tells me to shut it.
But my heart tells me
He will come.
I can't hold it any longer.
My heart is on fire
for you.
Even after you hurt me.
I need you to trust me.
I need your touch.
Your arms around me 
Holding me.
Healing my broken heart.
That only you can fix.




No comments:

Post a Comment